[mythtv-users] Free air antenna and rotor control

Scott Alfter mythtv at salfter.dyndns.org
Thu Nov 17 22:44:56 EST 2005

Nathan Allen Stratton wrote:
> I just installed a free air antenna with rotor and get a lot of channels
> but I need to move the antenna at times. Would be cool if there was a hack
> to control the antenna. It would need to setup and do a 360 scan to find
> all the channels then it would be easy to turn right/left and find best
> signal for whatever it needed to record. Back to back programs on
> different channels would be hard, but other then that it should work fine.

In mythtv-setup, you can set up a script on an input that runs whenever the
channel changes.  I use that to control an IR blaster for my cable box, but if
your rotor is computer-controllable (last time I used an antenna rotor was over
20 years ago), you could cobble together a script that would look up the
correct antenna position for a given channel and send a command to the rotor to
have it move there.

   _/_
  / v \ Scott Alfter