[mythtv-users] Which is the best HDTV Tuner Card

Jason Gabriele jason.gabriele at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 22:16:30 EST 2005

> On Thursday 17 November 2005 13:57, Todd Ignasiak wrote:
> > The DVico "FusionHDTV 3 QAM" and FusionHDTV 5 Gold and Lite
> are also
> > supported in Linux.
> >

> looking into the Fusion cards I found this:
> http://www.fusionhdtv.co.kr/eng/Products/HDTV5usb.aspx
>
> which looks pretty cool, I'll await to see what the final
> specs are when they get posted.
>

> Steve

I have a fusion 5 gold and would not recommend it if you plan on watching
analog tv off the same card. HDTV reception works but analog tv was washed
out and sound wouldn't work until I changed the channel. I tried both V4L
cvs and the stock 2.6.14 drivers and had the same problem with both. I
reverted back to my wintv go card (the machine only has 1 pci slot) and the
fusion 5 is just sitting in a box now. I guess I will wait a while and hope
someone fixes the driver. I saw there are some new patches in 2.6.15 that
might fix the problem however.