[mythtv-users] mythfrontend config

Chad masterclc at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 22:14:17 EST 2005

> yea, but I want to get back to using emerge. The real issue is that
> mythfrontend wouldn't start I suspect cuz it was looking for themes in
> /usr/local. I spent about an hour manually deleting myth stuff from
> /usr/local and now it finally works. Apparently myth looks in /usr/local
> first by default. I couldn't find it configured anywhere ( at least w/ a
> standard gentoo install).

Your PATH variable sets what PATH is traversed first.  Assumingly, you
have /usr/local appearing BEFORE /usr in your PATH variable (probably
set in /etc/profile).

In the future, instead of removing "everything myth" in /usr/local you
can re-download the tarball (assuming you've deleted your source) and:
./configure
Again, this take, a make uninstall should remove all myth applications
from /usr/local as that's the default target.  Same thing for the
plugins, grab the tarball, configure, then make uninstall.

Cool