[mythtv-users] EPIA/Unichrome drivers (semi O/T:)

R. Geoffrey Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Thu Nov 17 14:26:38 EST 2005

Andrew Wilson wrote:

>What?   Why??????
>
>Hardware MPEG accel really was the only reason most of us were using
>the Unichrome driver!
>Did you guys fall out or something?
>
>What's the status of inclusing in Xorg? I thought that it was all
>going just hunky dorey and the next major xorg would include this
>stuff, reducing the considerable amount of faffing about required to
>get HW Mpeg on these boards.
>
>Is this still likely?

Apparently it has been done...as I understand it, the unichrome drivers
have been included into the xorg tree..

Some more information at http://washington.kelkoo.net/epia

The owner of the site was involved in the process somehow.

I do know that I had to install and compile the xorg source and then
compile the unichrome DRM modules and xvmc drivers and install the dri
module in Fedora 2.6.11... but I did not have to do so when I upgraded
to 2.6.13.4...