[mythtv-users] OT: SPDIF add on board

Steve Adeff adeffs at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 11:09:49 EST 2005

On Wednesday 16 November 2005 03:35, Nick wrote:
> On 16/11/05, Danny Brow <dan at fullmotions.com> wrote:
> > I'm looking for an add on board for the SB Live 5.1 that has Optical and
> > Coaxial out puts, something that will fit the normal back plate slot. I
> > want digital out so if buying another card is a better idea let me know
> > what card and obviously it has to work with mythtv.
>
> My SB Live (basic) has coax digital out on the backplate already (uses
> a 3.5mm output when is then converted into a regular coax phone
> connector). Even if your current card offers the option of adding a
> daughter card to add digital outputs, you will probably find it
> cheaper to buy another supported audio card that has optical/coax
> digital outputs already.
>
> Check www.alsa-project.org if you want to check whether a card is
> supported under ALSA.
>
> Nick

about 3 years ago I bought a breakout card for my SB Live with optical/coax
input and output. It was from some Korean company iirc, it worked great, and
I still have it, albeit in storage somewhere...

the downside? I don't remember the name of the company, I think it might have
started with an H?

Steve