[mythtv-users] Black screen with pcHDTV-3000

Steve Adeff adeffs at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 08:20:27 EST 2005

On Wednesday 16 November 2005 15:31, Kris Clark wrote:
> Help!
> I need advice to get my pcHDTV 3000 card to work with Mythtv. I am using
> FC4 release. I have had Mythtv working with a new WinTV-PVR-150 tuner
> alone, but then read about the incompatibility with the 3000. I removed the
> PVR-150 to be able to setup the 3000 solo. All I get in Myth  “watch TV” is
> a black screen. I have a valid channels.conf file and in a terminal I have
> been able to record HD broadcasts to a .ts file and play them back using
> xine. I am running out of ideas to resolve the Mythtv problem. I have
> googled to the end of the internet for hints and tips to try but so far the
> screen remains black. Thanks-mrrusty.

I'll assume you didn't go through the HD3000 process of manually editing the
mythconverg database.

here's a link:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/150118#150118

I just went through the process (again) for 7738. I had an added issue that
led me to learn more about the process and makes me want to rewrite the
process, especially because of changes in mythtv-setup since Jason wrote his
original process.

If you (or anyone) find that the channel scan process doesn't pick up
anything, or the wrong transponder freq's (like it does with me) send a reply
to the list and I'll do my updated writeup to Jason's process.

Steve