[mythtv-users] PS2 connected to a PVR 350

Franco mythtv at email.it
Wed Nov 16 20:30:07 EST 2005

Hello, I am continuing a thread that I started 50 days ago :-)
It was about connecting a PS2 to a Mythbox via a PVR 350

> >>the hardware encoder (also the decoder) have a delay of 1.5 to 2 secs
> >>you will always have this delay if you get the video from /dev/video0.
> >>ivtv-driver (/dev/video32 or 48; don't know exactly) that did direct
> >>pass-through with nearly zero-delay. You can try to watch this via
> >>mplayer. Maybe it works better.

I've tried but I can only play /dev/video0 with mplayer,
all other devices (video16/24/32/48) result in errors.
Also, what I see in mplayer window is the last channel that
was tuned by mythfrontend (if any), and NOT what is connected
to the video composite input of the PVR350.

How do I select the input that is acquired by the PVR 350 ?
I remember thare was a handy .pl program in the ivtv directory
but it's not there any more :-(
Is there a way to do it from within myth?

> I don't mean to be snide, but why would you want to run your PS2 through
> your PVR-350? Just hook it up right to the TV.

I had stated it when I opened the thread:

  P.S. For those who forgot my setup and wonder why I want to
  connect the PS2 to the mythbox, my mythbox has a DLP projector
  connected via a 10 meters special cable to the VGA output,
  and we wanted to play the games on the mega-screen :-)

  The projector is located on the roof on the opposite side
  of the room, so it is not possible to connect the PS2 directly
  to it... it has to be done via the mythbox

Cheers,
Franco