[mythtv-users] Configure oddity

R. Geoffrey Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Wed Nov 16 16:39:31 EST 2005

I grabbed svn 7738 of mythtv to take a look at Live Tv. It would not
configure to include lirc despite changing the defaults at the top of
the configure file, *and* including --enable-lirc in the configure call.

I traced the code to this bit, which starts at about line 1638 in the file:

*** Fragment *********
#test for lirc client libraries
if test x"$lirc" = x"yes" ; then                   # IF IT IS NO, EXIT,
IF YES
    lirc="no"                                      # SET TO NO AND TEST
    if has_library liblirc_client.so ; then        # CHANGE IT BACK IF
THE CLIENT LIBRARY EXISTS >>WHICH IT DOES
        lirc="yes"
    fi
fi

#test for lirc client header
if test x"$lirc" = x"yes" ; then                    #SAME AS ABOVE
   lirc="no"
cat > $TMPC << EOF
#include <lirc/lirc_client.h>
int main( void ) { return 0; }
EOF
    if $cc $CFLAGS $ARCHFLAGS -o $TMPE $TMPC 2> /dev/null ; then    # I
HAVE NO IDEA WAS THIS DOES! BUT IT FAILS..
        lirc="yes"
    fi
fi

*****End Fragment *******

To get configure to work, I changed the 2 lirc="no" lines to lirc="yes".

I have liblirc_client.so in /usr/lib and that folder is included in
ld.so.conf.
And there is a /lirc/lirc_client.h in /usr/include

As far as I can tell, by running the code portions sequentially, it
should work....
Except for the line which I cannot understand.
This is on a Via SP13000 which use the arch flag..

Anyone have any ideas?

Geoff