[mythtv-users] PVR-350 Question/ Trouble - NEWBIE

Jeff Simpson llcooljeff at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 13:09:25 EST 2005

On 11/15/05, Brent Backstrom <brentb at psu.edu> wrote:

> Trying to put together a myth installation and ran into a snag.
>
> testing by doing....
>
> dd if=/dev/video of=/dev/video16 bs=64k
>
> I get sound out of the PVR-350 outputs, but no output from the composite
> video?

Try using ivtvctl to pick input/output ports. If I'm understanding how the
PVR works, the device node is the same for svideo vs composite, but you have
to select which one to enable on the card with the ivtvctl command. Another
thing to try is to do one-sided tests: either test recording OR video out
individually, that should help you narrow down where the problem lies.

- Jeff