[mythtv-users] Re: Air2PC HD5000 not working

Boleslaw Ciesielski bolek-mythtv at curl.com
Wed Nov 16 12:03:39 EST 2005

You will probably have better luck on the linux-dvb list (www.linuxtv.org).

> 2. What modules need to be compiled and loaded?  I loaded everything
> everything in kernel/drivers/media: v4l2-common, videodev, v4l1-compat,
> lgdt330x, dvb-pll, and dvb-core.

I believe the main module that you need to load is b2c2-flexcop-pci. It
should pull in all the others.

> 5. In mythtv-setup, do I want to select pcHDTV DTV card or DVB DTV
> capture card (v3.x)?  The latter seems more promising, but I get
> "Frontend ID: Could not open card #0!"  Neither works.

Yes, you need to select DVB choice.

> 6. Is there a simple application that can stand in for mythtv while I'm
> trying to get basic card functionality working?  (I don't want to load
> and configure all of KDE for such a purpose.)  Really, being able to cat
> mpeg2 A+V from a device file to a disk file and then playing it with
> mplayer would suffice, but I'm going to have to be able to tune the card.

Yes, you need to start with the utilities from the dvb-apps package
(www.linuxtv.org again). In particular see azap, atscscan, dvbscan and
dvbtraffic.

Bolek