[mythtv-users] No Sound in MythTV on WinTV PVR-350 card

Jacob Steenhagen jacob at steenhagen.us
Wed Nov 16 07:52:06 EST 2005

I was going to paste my modprobe.conf file, but ssh from my Internet
conencted linux box to the myth box doesn't seem to be working right now.
Odd. Anyway, I have basically have the modprobe.conf from
http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/fcmyth.php. I pretty much followed that guide,
though I skipped the alsa part because I don't have a sound card as I
intend to simply use the PVR-350's sound output.

My intention is to use the PVR-350 for both X (the MythTV front end) and
TV output.

I did rename the kernel msp3400.ko as suggested toward the end of the
capture card section:
http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/fcmyth.php?SID&expandables=closed&ivtv=open&pvr350out=open#capture
IIRC, my sound did not work before I did that when I used the dd command,
but after renaming, it did. FWIW, if I do |cat /dev/video0 > test.mpg| and
transfer test.mpg to another computer with mplayer on it, the sound also
works. I just thought of trying out |cat test.mpg > /dev/video16| but I'm
not near the machine right now to test it out.