URGENT HELP...PLEASE! Re: [mythtv-users] Guidance on burningrecordings to CD/DVD

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 07:26:54 EST 2005

On 11/16/05, Martin Bene <martin.bene at icomedias.com> wrote:

> That warning is already there:
>
>         Directory for DVD Filesystem (VIDEO_TS)
>         Warning: lots of space needed here 4.7GB max.
>                 CONTENTS OF THIS DIRECTORY WILL BE DELETED

Yup, my bad!!!

I have obviously been thinking about this though and have come up with
a couple of possible improvements to prevent other dopes from having
this happen to them.

1 - In the doco, inform the user that they should create the VIDEO_TS
folder (and the ISO) folder before starting the install.  This is why
I just put the directory I did into the config.

2 - Possibly even though a VIDEO_TS folder is defined, create a folder
within that named VIDEO_TS and only delete the one we create.  I am
not sure if this may cause technical difficulties, but it would have
made my life easier :P

Just suggestions, not sure if you agree whether they can help.

Cheers,
Whytey - spending tonight recovering what he can from old CD's and
creating backup scripts!!! :P

I have GMail invites, if you want one, email me direct.