[mythtv-users] DirecTV D10-300 serial interface...

John Sutherland garionphx at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 02:28:49 EST 2005

Hi folks..

I have a D10-300 receiever I'm trying to control via serial...
Currently, when I run the script (outside of mythtv), I get "Error
excessive retries"...

Here's what I have done:

1. Bought the cable online, from: http://www.dtvcontrol.com/
index.aspx?content=cmds
2. Updated my receiver software. Now currently on version 1009.
Original version was 2A..
3. Hooked the cable to the myth box serial port and receivers
lowspeed date port.
4. Ran the following command: "directv.pl box_type D10-100
setup_channel 244"

I've attempted the following trying to debug this:

1. beep metered the cable to make sure it meets the pinouts on the
cable's website. Comes out ok..
2. Hooked an external modem to the serial port, tested ok, so I know
the port works and user has access to it..
3. Tried several different bauds.. Even wrote my own little python
script to send FA81 to the port to try and get something out of it.
Nothing. No response.
4. Tried a normal headset cable, same results.
5. Tried a second computer. Same results.
6. Tried a second receiver. Same results.

Anyone have any other ideas to try and figure out whats going on? If
you have this working with a D10-300, what version of the software
are you running?

thanks!