[mythtv-users] Nuvexport problems ffmpeg finishes immediately.

Jason McLeod anakin at sdf1.net
Tue Nov 15 19:57:27 EST 2005

Is there something special you need to compile into ffmpeg in order
for it to read the fifos?

I've been having the same problem.  I'm trying to get a version off
ffmpeg with aac compiled into it, to work with the mythtranscode fifos.

The ffmpeg version 0.4.9-pre1, build 4754 seems to work properly, but
is missing aac.

When I download ffmpeg-0.4.9-pre1 source, and try and build adding
aac, the build does not work at all with the fifos.

It exhibits the same behavior that you are experiencing.  I did have
to downgrade my copy of nuvexport to the nuvexport-0.2-0.20050317.cvs
package, as the newer 20051117 build was dying on yuvdenoise errors.

In case your wondering why so much work for aac, it's so I can encode
for my iPod Video.

-Jason

Blog: http://jayslife.com
GPG Fingerprint: