[mythtv-users] Trouble getting Fedora?

Blake blake at kingdomrpg.com
Tue Nov 15 19:41:05 EST 2005

Hey, guys,

	I decided to give up on KnoppMyth (for reasons discussed earlier) and try
FC4 with Jaro(e?)d's guide, but I'm having a helluvatime getting an FC4
that passes the media test. I've donwloaded the discs via BitTorrent, then
FTPed them from Fedora, and I'm getting discs that look good, that
boot--the torrent one even installs beautifully*--but that when FC checks
them, says they don't pass the media check. I just cracked open a new
stack of TDK CDs, and still got the media check failure. I've used at
least two different CD burners--one CD, one DVD, actually.

	I don't know what the deal is. I'm using a CD Burner XP Pro to burn the
ISO images, which I've never had trouble with before. I used it for
Knoppmyth for example, with no problem, and Knoppix. Though, I didn't do
any media checks, I just booted them and they worked. (Well, not
KnoppMyth, but it didn't fail to install, just didn't do what I wanted
after the installation.)

	I'm really at a loss, here. Short of going down and buying FC4 from the
store.

* You might say, "Why do you care?" But I don't want to invest the time in
trying to make Myth work if I'm screwed from the start because I've got a
bad FC image.

	===Blake===