[mythtv-users] red_eye remote woes

lischka lischka at nildram.co.uk
Tue Nov 15 16:12:46 EST 2005

On Tuesday 15 November 2005 09:47, Ant Daniel wrote:
> On 11/15/05, lischka <lischka at nildram.co.uk> wrote:
> > I am being seriously dumb here but please someone just put me out of my
> > misery.
> >
> > I have a working Mythtv setup on a Pundit-R (FC3 using Jarod's guide
> > PVR-350
> > connected to SKY Grundig digibox)
> >
> > I bought a red_eye remote to allow channel changing on the SKy digibox
> > and donwloaded the linux driver, but this has never worked.
> >
> > I run the command
> > [mythtv at Showcase Softlib]$ ./red_eye /dev/ttyS0 1004 2
> > Opening port for /dev/ttyS0 and setting RTS
> > RTS bit set ok
> > Writing data ("1004") now
> > write() of bytes failed!
> > Data Written....
> > Sleeping for 2 seconds ....
> > .. Start close... Finished
> >
> > What am I doing wrong here?
> >
> > oh and ttyS1 gives the same.
> >
> > Aliks
>
> Are you running as root or as user, I used to have a similar problem when I
> ran as a user as it couldn't get access to ttyS0. Try as root, if you've
> not done so already.
>  I must have changed my permissions (or granted the program SUID) along the
> way, but don't remember what I did.
>  Ant

Stop Press, I found that the UART wasnt set on ttyS0 .  When set to 16550 I
could send single characters to the Digibox.  And the single char commands
like + to go up one channel work fine.

However, I'm not quite home yet, when I send a channel change like 531 only
the first digit gets thru.  If I up tha UART to 16750 or above then the first
2 chars get thru.

I'll keep trying but if anyone has any ideas please say.