[mythtv-users] nVidia and XvMC

William Lewis minutemaidpark at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 15 12:25:44 EST 2005

When I try to fire up watching live TV with XvMC hardware acceleration
enabled, I get an X11 BadAlloc error with my nVidia 6200 TC and XOrg 6.8.2.
I'm running a subversion branch with 0.18 fixes, and my system is configured
with 2 HD-3000s and the latest NVIDIA x86-64 drivers.  The processor is an
AMD Athlon 64 3200+, and I have 1 GB of ram in it.  When I disable the XvMC
acceleration, it plays back, but it's very, very choppy, and the sound gives
tons of prebuffering pause errors, or something like that.  xdpyinfo tells
me that I have both XVideo and XVideo-MotionCompensation extensions
available.  Anyone have any hints or additional configuration questions to
help me out?  I'd appreciate it tremendously.

Thanks in advance,
Will