[mythtv-users] Re: Watching Recordings on TV instead of PC Monitor

Curtis White soaro77 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 10:54:37 EST 2005

On 11/15/05, David Watkins <watkinshome at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 15/11/05, Curtis White <soaro77 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 11/14/05, Curtis White <soaro77 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > It appears now I have hit another new problem I can't seem to figure out.
> > >
> > > I have the PVR350 card with DirecTV going to the tuner of the card. I
> > > have recorded several shows. When I go to play them back (Media
> > > Library -> Watch Recordings) it plays it back to my PC monitor instead
> > > of the TV. I have the options setup under Utilities/Setup -> Setup ->
> > > TV Settings -> Playback to use the PVR350's TV out / MPEG decoder. The
> > > device is set to /dev/video16 and I have the TV audio through PVR350
> > > only box selected (I can use the TV remote to adjust the volume). I
> > > also have the Enable OpenGL vertical sync for timing box selected. As
> > > I understood it, that is all I needed in order to watch my recordings
> > > on the TV. But for some reason it isn't working. It is playing them on
> > > my PC monitor.
> > >
> > > When I go to Watch TV, it plays it on the TV just fine. This only
> > > happens when I want to play back my recorded shows.
> > >
> > > At one point this worked because I watched one show when I first got
> > > everything setup. But now for some reason it isn't working. I'm
> > > wondering if something kicked in when I rebooted that made it stop
> > > working. Anyone have any ideas what I can do to get it back playing on
> > > the TV screen?
> > >

> > Nobody has any ideas? I don't even know where to start looking. I feel
> > I've checked every possible setting I could find. I don't even know
> > how MythTV knows where to play the recorded files. Is there someplace
> > to tell it to use /dev/fb1 instead of /dev/fb0 when playing back
> > recorded files?
>
> do you have the ivtv-fb module loaded?  with all the correct stuff
> appearing in dmesg?

Well I didn't see the ivtv-fb module in dmesg so I checked
/var/log/messages and it has some lines for it there. So I started
going back through the instructions and it appears I don't have the
saa7127 module. When I try to do "modprobe saa7127" I get "FATAL:
Module saa7127 not found.". I don't know what happened to it because
all this worked fine when I originally installed everything. So now I
have no idea what to do. Where do I get module saa7127 and how do I
install it? I'm using Fedora 4.

Do I need to just dump everything and start over with installing linux
and everything? Or is there some way to get that module back? I would
appreciate any help here that anyone can give. I really don't want to
have to start this all over again if I don't have to.