URGENT HELP...PLEASE! Re: [mythtv-users] Guidance on burning recordings to CD/DVD

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 06:50:12 EST 2005

On 11/15/05, David Whyte <david.whyte at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11/15/05, Jesse Guardiani <jesse at wingnet.net> wrote:
> >
> > Wow, that sounds like a lot of work. I record from my PVR 350 in mpeg2,
> > edit the cutpoints,
> > and tell mythburn to do it's thing via the web interface. 45 minutes
> > later I've got a nice DVD.
> >

> Well, I like beng punished, so maybe I will look at MythBurn.  I
> wonder if it is easy to get going on my FC2 machine???

And *PUNISHED* I was.  I spent hours getting the pre-req packages
installed ran through the install script.  Started off a burn to ISO
from mythweb, heard the disk perform some activity but no CPU usage on
the machine.

Took a looksie in the folder where I told it to dump the ISO and BAM
all my files have gone from there.  I told it to put the ISO or the
TS_VIDEO files in my shared folder (not a subfolder of it), which has
all my MP3's, My Uni Work (from a few years ago), My Videos, All my
Digital Photos from the past 4 years etc etc.

I know, I should have backups, and I probably have some from a while
ago somewhere, but I didn't realise it was going to wipe the whole
directory when I told it to remove the TS_VIDEO files.

Can anybody tell me how to recover files on Linux (FC2 for the
record).  If I had Windows 3.11 I could use 'undelete' or recover from
the Recycle bin from Windows > 95 but I have no idea when a file is
deleted from the linux command line.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Whytye

I have GMail invites, if you want one, email me direct.