[mythtv-users] Cannot Record VCR

Nathan Allen Stratton nathan at robotics.net
Mon Nov 14 20:47:45 EST 2005

On Mon, 14 Nov 2005, Mercury Morris wrote:

> I have a PVR350, too. In mythtv-setup, I found Composite 0 corresponded to
> the composite inputs on the card.
>
> The following may be incomplete, it's from my notes of October 2004 -
> thirteen months ago.
>
> In mythtv-setup, I defined a Video Source called VCR, but DID NOT try to get
> any lineups for it. Then, in Input Connections, I assigned VCR to Composite
> 0. I left the Start Channel blank there.
>
> Then, in Channel Editor, I defined a new channel with the Channel Name of
> WVCR, assigning the Video Source to VCR. I gave it a unique Call Sign...,
> something like MYVCR - don't remember now.
>
> While watching TV on the PVR350, I just hit the "c" key to change inputs on
> the card and watch what's playing on the VCR.
>
> To record from the VCR, I use manual scheduling. It's not too hard to play a
> tape on the VCR just before or after the scheduled recording starts.
>
> Sorry for the incompleteness, but a little experimenting should get you
> closer to being able to have the VCR be "just another channel", so-to-speak.

Any plans to make it easy to import a bunch of videos this way? I guess I
am talking about another manual record option that lets you input show
info like title, actors, descriptions, etc. I know you can do this today
with above and then editing mysql, but it would be nice to have a VCR
input you could just start and stop via myth and enter all the show info.

-Nathan