[mythtv-users] strange scheduling issue

chris at cpr.homelinux.net chris at cpr.homelinux.net
Mon Nov 14 18:07:03 EST 2005

On Mon, Nov 14, 2005 at 05:56:39PM -0500, Ryan Kremser wrote:
> Right now my box is just scheduling A at 6:00 and i completely miss B unless I
> play around with the times to get it to record both.  Both of the recording
> schedules are set to record at any time on any channel.

On the front-end machine go to "Utilities/Setup", "Setup", "TV
Settings", "Recording Priorities", "Set Recording Priorities" and enable
the "Reschedule Higher Priorities" check-box.

If you don't, then high priority means "record this show as soon as
possible no matter what else I miss".  With rescheduling enabled, high
priority will only bump shows if there is no possible way to record
both.

--
Joke reduction: Three guys walk into a bar. One of them is a wee bit
stupid, and the whole scene unfolds with a tedious inevitability.