[mythtv-users] Cannot Record VCR

Curtis White soaro77 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 16:07:41 EST 2005

On 11/14/05, Nick <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com> wrote:

> If your DirecTV input is going into the tuner of the card, you should
> be able to simply create another video source (using the composite
> input and audio inputs on the back of the card) for your VCR as
> Mercury has detailed in the thread.
>
> However, if you are using multiple direct inputs (e.g. composite
> and/or S-Video) it may be easier and 'cleaner' to get Hauppauge's
> additional input connections backplate. This connects to your PVR card
> and provides a second set of recordable inputs so you can leave
> another device plugged in. You can still only record one source at a
> time (the 350 has only one encoder) but you can switch between inputs
> easily once they are correctly defined in input connections.

My DirecTV input is going to the tuner of the card. That part is
working just fine. I just wasn't sure how to set it up so I could
record off my VCR. I have a bunch of tapes of when my kids were little
that I want to record off the VCR tapes and burn to DVD so they aren't
lost (VCR tapes seem to decay fairly fast). So it looks like I can
just do the setup as Mercury described. I'll give that a try.