[mythtv-users] Losing sound on PVR-150

Anthony Valentine amv at akvalentine.com
Mon Nov 14 14:01:35 EST 2005

Hello,

I have a Gentoo based MythTV box that, for the most part , is working
great.    However, I have a loss of audio problem that I am hoping that
someone can help me with, cause I've run out of ideas.

The problem is that I will randomly lose sound on one of my tuners
(PVR-150) and I cannot get it back until I reboot.  So far, it seems to
happen on a specific tuner, but as it is Tuner0 and it records most of
my shows, that could just be a coincidence.

I have tried the ivtv-0.4 drivers via portage, and from ivtv's SVN, but
that hasn't helped and as far as I can tell, I am using the latest
firmware.  I have also followed the troubleshooting page on ivtvdriver.org.

I don't want to flood the list with pages of configs and logs, so I have
posted everything that I think is relevant on my website, here:
http://www.akvalentine.com/Members/anthony

If I have left something out, please let me know and I'll post it ASAP.

Thanks for your help!

--
Anthony Valentine

UNIX was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things, because that would also stop you from doing clever things.