[mythtv-users] lircd.conf

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 13:41:53 EST 2005

On 13/11/05, Marty Ravell <mythtv at rave-tech.com.au> wrote:
> I have 0.7.2 of lircd installed and one of the older (grey and black,
> coloured buttons around the central cursor) remote.
>
> This rig did work before I updated so I think that the hardware is OK. I've
> tried using irrecord and this does seem to work after a fashion but I cannot
> get all of the buttons to work this way.
>
> Would someone who has this combination working with Myth mind posting their
> lircd.conf file?

Quite worrying if this config is not working - are you sure LIRC is
actually working properly and creating the correct /dev devices? If
you are starting LIRC as a service, try

# service lircd status

and see what it reports (I've had instances where LIRC was hanging
(LIRC dead, subsystem locked message). The Hauppauge remotes use the
RC5 control code set, so you should be able to use irrecord specifying
the RC5 config file available from lirc.org.

Finally, what type of receiver are you using (PVR or serial Rx) and
what output does irw give?

I no longer use this remote (but do have the PVR-350), and don't have
the old config to hand, but I remember the lirc.org config was fine
for me (using lirc 0.7.0 a year ago).

Nick