[mythtv-users] Nuvexport / Mythtranscode just hangs

Marco madman1968 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 14 12:52:26 EST 2005

Hi,

When using nuvexport, the command remains stuck
forever, not producing any output (no onscreen
messages). It creates the /tmp/fifodir_xxxxx with the
video and audio files, but their size remains at 0
bytes. I ran nuvexport with --debug and was listed the
commands to execute.  I ran the commands and the
problem seems to be with mythtranscode: it hangs at
the following message:

 Created fifos. Waiting for connection.

 Technical Info:

 Mythtv version: stable-CVS 7778.
 OS:             Suse 9.3

 Exact command run was:

 mythtranscode --showprogress -p autodetect -c 1003
 -s 2005-10-30-20-00-00 -f "/tmp/fifodir_10208/" -v
all

 Any help would be appreciated.

 Thanks
 Marco