[mythtv-users] new computer can't find HD3000, azap works fine

Steve Adeff adeffs at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 09:33:31 EST 2005

On Monday 14 November 2005 05:03, Stuart Auchterlonie wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 13, 2005 at 08:50:11PM -0500, Steve Adeff wrote:
> > I moved my HD3000 card from my fileserver to my new computer. I got it up
> > and running and tested it with azap, all works, but when I try and use
> > mplayer or mythtv-setup neither can find the card. mplayer says its an
> > unknown tuner, and I don't know why mythtv-setup can't find it. I'm
> > runnin SVN 7738.
> >
> > anyone have any ideas? It worked fine in my fileserver (where it might
> > end up living if I can't get this new computer to see it, which would be
> > a damn shame.
>
> Kernel versions are different?
> Maybe with not all the same stuff compiled in?
>
> Stuart

nope, exact same kernels, exact same CPU, different motherboard, one is an
nForce3 the other an nForce4.
It could possibly be some packages I forgot to install, but I wouldn't know
which are needed for mplayer and MythTV to be able to identify the HD3000
card.
I'm going to reinstall today and try and emulate as close as possible my order
of seting up my other computer. I had that running long before putting the
HD3000 in it, so it won't be exact, but I'm hoping if I concentrate on just
getting the HD3000 running I'll figure it out!

Steve