[mythtv-users] PVR-150 Unknown Tuner Type

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Nov 13 16:02:44 EST 2005

Tom E. Craddock Jr. wrote:

> Michael T. Dean wrote:
>
>> On 11/12/05 17:41, Tom E. Craddock Jr. wrote:
>>
>>> Im posting to this list after following the directions @ Jarod's
>>> MythTV Howto.  I recently (11/8/05) bought a pvr150 MCE from CompUSA
>>> in the Tampa Bay, Fl area, and after using the ivtv-4.0 RPMs from
>>> atrpms, the tuner type isnt set correctly.  I also have a pvr250 in
>>> this box, it works fine;  the info from dmesg is for both cards, the
>>> pvr150 being the 2nd card listed (card#1).  Im running the
>>> 2.6.13-1.1532_FC4 kernel and ivtv-0.4.0-98.rhfc4.at.  If you need
>>> anymore info, or have any tips, I appreciate it.
>>
>> alias tveeprom tveeprom-ivtv
>
> Thanks for the reply.  Ive already got that in my modprobe.conf, its
> listed below, that is what I got from Jarod Wilsons Walkthru.  On a
> side note, just found out my subscription to the ivtv-dev list has
> been rejected with no reason given...weird.
> alias tveeprom tveeprom-ivtv
> alias tuner tuner-ivtv
> alias msp3400 msp3400-ivtv

Try commenting out each of these individually and in pairs and threes :)
(running depmod -a after any change to modprobe.conf).  IIRC, one is
required but the other two aren't for a PVR-150 on a Linux 2.6.13
kernel.  Unfortunately, I don't have my 150 set up, so I can't test...
Also, your best bet is to power off for 30 seconds between tests so
settings from the previous module load are completely reset (the ivtv
driver doesn't do a full reset).

Mike