[mythtv-users] Nuvexport problems ffmpeg finishes immediately.

Steven mythmail at richardstraat.homedns.org
Sun Nov 13 13:39:05 EST 2005

chris at cpr.homelinux.net schreef:

>On Sat, Nov 12, 2005 at 11:21:18PM -0800, Chris Petersen wrote:
>

>>Mythtranscode doesn't talk to ffmpeg -- nuvexport is what sets up the
>>two processes.  nuvexport *does* check for ffmpeg errors.  If it's not
>>trapping them, I need someone to email me the error so I can add it in.
>>

>I solved half the problem.  I was running with a ffmpeg release from
>September of this year.  When I rolled back to the March version the
>"-hq" error went away.  The yuvdenoise problem is still there, though.
>
>Can't you just check for the exit status and bail if it's non-zero?
>With the later version, ffmpeg quits immediately but nuvexport just sits
>there and waits and waits....
>
>See my previous email for the exact output when I ran the command at the
>CLI.

I've been strugling to get nuvexport to create an xvid today and ran
into some of the same problems with the -hq option with ffmpeg and also
the -4mv option.
Using transcode I got a "Audio format not supported by import module".

Maybe it would be a good idea tho document the exact versions of ffmpeg,
transcode, yuvdenoise that were tested with nuvexport and their
configure build options.

Steven