[mythtv-users] patch to mute joystick events while mythgame is exec'ing a rom?

Jesse Guardiani jesse at wingnet.net
Sun Nov 13 00:00:29 EST 2005

Hello,

Last night I recompiled MythTV-0.18.1 with joystick
support so I could use my wireless X-Box controller
as a remote when I'm not playing games.

I soon realized that this causes a problem:
When a ROM is executing (snes9x in this case), MythTV
continues to read joystick events. So when the ROM is
exited all of the events that have been queued up are
played back. Usually this means that additional ROMs
are executed. Exiting them brings on more. And it just
continues until all of the joystick events are consumed.

I've been reading the code, and it looks like a Mute
Event can be sent. Does anyone have a patch that sends
a joystick mute event from MythGame before a ROM is
executed?

--
Jesse Guardiani
Programmer/Sys Admin