[mythtv-users] Converting VGA (1024x768@60Hz) to component

Steve Adeff adeffs at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 22:52:37 EST 2005

On Friday 11 November 2005 00:10, Devan Lippman wrote:
> On 11/10/05, MythTV <mythtv at pearsall.us> wrote:
> > Does anyone have experience with any of the nVidia component-out cards
> > they
> > can share? If they work, nVidia component-out cards are cheaper than the
> > VGA to component converters.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Todd

that requires a little more work as normal VGA is 5 seperate signals, but it
is possible, as its what the VGA->HDTV converters basically do.

I too am interested in knowing if anyone has had luck with the HDTV output
capable cards and how the work? Its looking like my TV doesn't like 1080i
from a regular DVI output on video cards and using a HDTV chip with 1080i via
component cables may be the way I need to go.

Steve