[mythtv-users] CVS Theme Issues (was SVN mythplugins compile error)

Paul Leppert phlepper at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 17:51:23 EST 2005

Since I'm past the compile issues for mythplugins, I thought I'd repost this
with a different subject since the old one is now misleading...

I have successfully compiled and installed mythtv, myththemes, and
mythplugins from CVS (with the version just *before* Issac disabled the
livetv code). However, I'm getting a couple of weird theme problems:
1. Using the MythCenter theme (from svn), mythfrontend crashes when I try to
go into the video manager (with the following message:

> MythVideo: VideoManager : Failed to get selector object.

 Now, if I change my theme to Titivillus, the Video Manager works fine. Note
that at this point, I have a lot of movies in Video Manager (in my videos
folder), but none have been setup yet via IMDB (since it is a new install).
 2. With the Titivillus theme, if I go into Media Library->Watch Videos,
mythfrontend crashes with the following messages:

> 2005-11-10 20:26:57.217 Unable to find image file: mv_gallery_back_reg.png
> Failed to load mv_gallery_back_reg.png

performing a locate for the file reveals:

> [mythtv at mythtvbe ~]$ locate mv_gallery_back_reg.png
> /home/mythtv/mythtv-cvs/mythplugins/mythvideo/mythvideo/images/mv_gallery_back_reg.png
>

> /home/mythtv/mythtv-cvs/mythplugins/mythvideo/mythvideo/images/.svn/wcprops/mv_gallery_back_reg.png.svn-work
> /home/mythtv/mythtv-cvs/mythplugins/mythvideo/mythvideo/images/.svn/props/mv_gallery_back_reg.png.svn-work
>

> /home/mythtv/mythtv-cvs/mythplugins/mythvideo/mythvideo/images/.svn/text-base/mv_gallery_back_reg.png.svn-base
> /home/mythtv/mythtv-cvs/mythplugins/mythvideo/mythvideo/images/.svn/prop-base/mv_gallery_back_reg.png.svn-base

Does this mean that mythvideo wasn't installed correctly? Where should
mv_gallery_back_reg.png be placed and should it have been placed by the make
install?
 When trying the same thing with MythCenter theme, mythfrontend crashes
again with the messages:

> VideoDialog: Couldn't find your theme. I'm outta here
> gallery - video-ui

 Again, with Titivillus, entering Media Library->Image Gallery give this:

> 2005-11-10 20:33:06.256 Unable to find image file: gallery-back-reg.png
> Failed to load gallery-back-reg.png

  And locate gives:

> [mythtv at mythtvbe ~]$ locate gallery-back-reg.png
> /home/mythtv/mythtv-cvs/mythplugins/mythgallery/mythgallery/images/gallery-
> back-reg.png
>
> /home/mythtv/mythtv-cvs/mythplugins/mythgallery/mythgallery/images/.svn/wcprops/gallery-
> back-reg.png.svn-work
>
> /home/mythtv/mythtv-cvs/mythplugins/mythgallery/mythgallery/images/.svn/props/gallery-
> back-reg.png.svn-work
>
> /home/mythtv/mythtv-cvs/mythplugins/mythgallery/mythgallery/images/.svn/text-base/gallery-
> back-reg.png.svn-base
>
> /home/mythtv/mythtv-cvs/mythplugins/mythgallery/mythgallery/images/.svn/prop-base/gallery-
> back-reg.png.svn-base

Trying again with MythCenter gives:

> MythGallery: Failed to get menu container.

Any ideas?
 Thanks,
phlepper
--
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand. --
Confucius