[mythtv-users] Attractive cases

R. Geoffrey Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Sat Nov 12 17:03:07 EST 2005

On Sat, 12 Nov 2005 16:33:39 +0000, Jules Bean wrote:

>James C. Dastrup wrote:
>>
>> I think the advantages of the Silverstone cases is they have so
>> many options when it comes to size, expansion, and looks. For
>> example, Silverstone offers the only HT-style case I found that
>> supports 3 full-height expansion slots (1xAGP, 2xPCI) in a low-profile
>> design, such as the LC-11M, which is also very quiet.

>Interesting. I'll look into that one.

To make use of all three slots you really need a 3 PCI slot motherboard.
However the case can support 2 expansion cards with a Epia motherboard. I
have a PVR500 and pcHDTV card on my SP13000 mb in a LC-11M.

Very slick and very very quiet. In use, the DVD is the loudest component!
This case *can* live in the living room! And not just with an Epia
motherboard, although you would have to be careful in your choices.... no
140 watt Intel toaster chips on the mb!...