[mythtv-users] Transferring Shows From One Myth Box To Another Myth Box

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 16:13:21 EST 2005

On 12/11/05, George Nassas <gnassas at mac.com> wrote:
> On 11-Nov-05, at 7:49 PM, Nick wrote:
>
> > the following quick and dirty hack (not guaranteed
> > to work though):
>
> No need for a quick and dirty hack, nuvexport handles this directly.
> Just pick the option to export to nuv and sql files, move them to the
> new machine's recordings directory and execute the sql. I do this all
> the time and it works great, all the details and commercial flagging
> info come across. However, you do need to be careful to adjust the
> recordinghost entry in the generated sql file. Also, when doing the
> export be sure to export into a directory on the same filesystem as
> your original recordings directory so nuvexport will copy the nuv file
> through a hard link and not a full copy. It's much faster.

If I've read the above correctly - this method still entails manually
copying the nuv file over and still editing the SQL code to correct
the host? I've never used nuvexport as all my transcoding is done
under Windows, but once the MPEG2 cutting is sorted out it'd be good
to do everything on a single machine.

Nick