[mythtv-users] recordings playlist usability question (or suggestion)

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Sat Nov 12 15:50:39 EST 2005

Steven wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Just a question about how to use the playlist function with
> recordings. I use this mainly to queue up some recordings for the kids.
>
> I have my recordings sorted to display the newest first. I'll
> descripbe the actions I now do to line up 3 consecutive recordings in
> the order they ware broadcasted.
>
> -Select the oldest recording. Right arrow, add to playlist
> -up 2 times to select the next recording, right arrow, add to playlist
> -up 2 times to select the next recording, right arrow, add to playlist
>
> I now have the 3 recordings marked.
>
> Now to play all tree I have to press M (for menu), playlist options,
> playback playlist and we are off.
>
> Anyone know of a better way to this?

You can mark recordings for a playlist using the / key (if you have that
bound to your remote, etc.)  This is the same key used in many places
for favorites, etc.  Use ? to clear the playlist.

I can appreciate the usability suggestions as well and while they are
noted, developers time is limited so if you have the inclination to
generate patches to add these enhancements, I'm sure they will be looked
at.  I use the playlist occasionally with the kids but haven't had an
inclination to really delve into the behavior as it works well enough as
is, even if it is a few extra presses.

Kevin

--
Looking for affordable webhosting?  http://www.sitecity.net