[mythtv-users] Choppy DVD palyback with xine

Bennett Leve bleve at nightmare.com
Sat Nov 12 09:29:39 EST 2005

Not sure how you tell what version the ivtvdev_drv.o you are using.
This is actually a knoppmyth setup so it has whatever they packaged with
Alpha16.

I kinda gave up on xine, and decided use mplayer which does not look
choppy at all.  Using the command line:

  mplayer -vo xv -fs dvd://1 -dvd-device /dev/dvd

This works fine when I have my DISPLAY set to my SUSE box, but when the
display is the PVR-350 it does not play at all.  Selecting dvd play in
myth makes the dvd rom light blink a few times but it never plays.

I am still playing with this to see if I can get it to work reliably
from myth.

-Bennett