[mythtv-users] recordings playlist usability question (or suggestion)

Steven mythmail at richardstraat.homedns.org
Sat Nov 12 03:56:23 EST 2005

Hi,

Just a question about how to use the playlist function with recordings.
I use this mainly to queue up some recordings for the kids.

I have my recordings sorted to display the newest first. I'll descripbe
the actions I now do to line up 3 consecutive recordings in the order
they ware broadcasted.

-Select the oldest recording. Right arrow, add to playlist
-up 2 times to select the next recording, right arrow, add to playlist
-up 2 times to select the next recording, right arrow, add to playlist

I now have the 3 recordings marked.

Now to play all tree I have to press M (for menu), playlist options,
playback playlist and we are off.

Anyone know of a better way to this?

If not I have two usability suggestions that would make this easier :

- keep the same file highlighted when you add it to a playlist or move
the highlight bar to the next recording depending on your sort order
instead of just moving it down 1 in the list.

- Pressing OK on a recording in a playlist should give you the option to
playback the complete playlist (Default) or just the recording you are on.

Steven