[mythtv-users] Choppy DVD palyback with xine

Bennett Leve bleve at nightmare.com
Fri Nov 11 21:22:43 EST 2005

I have a P4 with two PVR-350 cards in it.  I have my DVD burner on
IDE2.  There are no other drives on IDE2.

When I play a DVD with xine via mythtv it is very choppy.  I am using
the hardware out on the PVR-350 card as well as the sound out on it.  I
really have two problems.

1) choppy video
2) no sound

I have a feeling that the sound issue is probably easily solved by
taking the sound card out and putting it into my receiver.   I am more
concerned with the choppy video out of the DVD player.  I saw a post
that mentioned setting "-xxmc" on the xine command line.  Anything else
I should check/set?

-Bennett