[mythtv-users] smooth video

Alex Brekken brekkal at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 19:52:12 EST 2005

Marcel, I have (had) the same choppy video problems as you. (and I think
many people do) For Xine I have tried the -xshm option, and while it did
smooth things out, it also caused tearing for me on moving objects. I then
tried -xxmc instead. This has been the best option I've found so far - video
is quite smooth (though I haven't compared it back-to-back yet with my
standalone DVD player).

As far as MythTV goes, Bob deinterlacing is the only way I can get good
smooth video. XVMC will as well, but it's fairly unstable for me. The only
drawback to Bob is that it causes the OSD to flicker a bit. I can live with
that, however, though I hope someday it might get fixed. :)