[mythtv-users] recommended joysticks or gamepads for xmame and mythgame

Jesse Guardiani jesse at wingnet.net
Fri Nov 11 15:21:06 EST 2005

Tim Hamer wrote:
> logitech usb wireless rumblepads work great right out of the box (just
> not the rumble). on ebay for <$20, but are kinda bulky
>
> Frank Lynch wrote:
>> I was wondering if someone could recommend a set of gamepads or
>> joysticks that work well with xmame and mythgame?
>> I would love to use a pair of wireless gamepads if thats possible. Are
>> there any gotcha's tips or tricks that I should be aware of. Are there
>> any issues to be aware of, or do most/all joypads work well under FC4?

I'm about to try some wireless xbox controllers under Gentoo via this
adapter:
    http://www.xpcgear.com/xboxusbadapter.html

And this kernel module:
% modinfo xpad
author:         Marko Friedemann <mfr at bmx-chemnitz.de>
license:        GPL
vermagic:       2.6.13-gentoo SMP preempt 586 gcc-3.3
depends:        usbcore
alias:          usb:v*p*d*dc*dsc*dp*ic58isc42ip00*

I'll let the list know how it turns out later tonight.

--
Jesse Guardiani
Programmer/Sys Admin
jesse at wingnet.net