[mythtv-users] Re: Background for the blue theme

Mercury Morris mercury.morris at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 13:51:09 EST 2005

On 11/8/05, Mercury Morris <mercury.morris at gmail.com> wrote:

> How might the blue theme's background be changed just slightly?
>
> I am trying to use GIMP to edit the file, background.png, changing
> the color from blue to anything different enough to distinguish it
> from the original shade. But GIMP is way too complex, and its tutorials
> too complex as well, so I thought I would ask if anyone has found a
> way to change the color.
>
> The goal here is to continue using the blue theme, on multiple MythTV
> systems, but be able to easily identify (from the background color)
> which MythTV system is the one being displayed on the TV screen.
>
> Outside of this discussion, a kind person skilled in the use of Photoshop
sent me several copies of the MythTV background image (background.png). Each
copy has a different color, making it very easy to tell which MythTV system
is being displayed on the TV screen.

Separately, I used KDE's KolourPaint to add a small rectangle to the
background image. Then, I entered the name of the MythTV system into the
rectangle. Once positioned properly, with large enough font, the name
remains visible until Watch TV, etc., is selected.

Between the two methods, the different color background is quite a bit
faster at signalling the brain which system is which.

--
MM