[mythtv-users] export of mythtv NUV files not in DB]

Tom Lichti tom at redpepperracing.com
Fri Nov 11 12:01:07 EST 2005

EC wrote:
> Hello,
>
>    Thanks for your help, BTW, I appreciate it.  I run 0.18.1 currently
> (on Gentoo).  Anyway, my version of nuvexport does support -i, but seems
> only to use the name as a reference to the MythTV database.  It doesn't
> seem to matter if the file exists or not.  It just matters that the name
> matches a filename in MythTV's active directory of shows.  I also have
> tried updating my nuvexport.  I tried nuvexport version:  0.2
> 0.20051020.svn.  That gives me some DB table fields missing warnings
> (SVN, while I'm using 0.18.1), but it still behaves the same.

I was referring to mythtranscode using the -i switch, which may only be
in newer SVN builds. I don't recall exactly when it was added. Have you
gone the other route by importing the external files into the database?
Unless you want to switch to SVN, or use a different tool to do the
conversions, that would be the only other option that I can see.

Tom