[mythtv-users] Mythtv/gentoo hangs when playing live or recorded video

Tom Lichti tom at redpepperracing.com
Fri Nov 11 09:49:54 EST 2005

chris at cpr.homelinux.net wrote:
> My recent experiences with Debian and MythTV have been a world of hurt.
>
> I have two front-end machines.  Both run Debian-based distros and both
> were broken by Debian's decision to kill xfree86 as the Debian xorg
> packages don't support the hardware in either of them.
>
> In the case of the XBox (Xebian 1.1.4 with Debian updates) I managed to
> find a site with a Fedora driver for the xbox and so I copied the driver
> and xorg.conf over the broken Debian versions and with a little tweaking
> managed to get it running again.

If you could post some details around that, I would be forever in your
debt. I have an Xbox with what I think is a working version from SVN,
but my xorg setup does not work, for the same reasons you mentioned. If
I can fix the xorg driver, I think I will finally have a working Xbox
frontend, but I've wasted so much time on it lately, I haven't been
motivated to try and fix that problem.

Thanks
Tom