[mythtv-users] Proliant server as a backend...

Pete Clarke pete at devilincarnate.eclipse.co.uk
Thu Nov 10 14:37:58 EST 2005

> I don't know about your particular machine, but every Proliant machine
> I've ever used has sounded like a vacuum cleaner.

:-) my computer room sounds like there is a brace of airplanes taking off!
I have counted a total of 38 fans blowing in the equipment here...plus the
fans in the network switches..

> Hope you're not planning on having that beast in your living room.

Um - no - the wife would castrate me! (understandably)..

> Also, I'd think about upping the disk space.  4x73GB isn't very much --
> you'll fill that up very quckly.

Unfortunately the 8500r only has 4 slots - I can attach the server to the
fibre SAN here tho' - there is a couple of ports spare in the fibre channel
switch connected to 1TB of storage - or, if necessary I can attach it
directly to it's own fibre-channel enclosure - so the extra storage is not
such an issue.

Cheers