[mythtv-users] Converting VGA (1024x768@60Hz) to component

Stephen Hocking stephen.hocking at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 22:15:25 EST 2005

Hi all,

I have an InFocus X1 projector, which in addition to handling HDTV &
TV formats also does VGA, up to 1024x768. Now when switching from an
ordinary video source (connected via S-Video) via the home theatre amp
to the computer, one has to switch both the amp & the projector over
to the new source. I'm currently considering the various home theatre
amps that upconvert all video sources to component video. I'm thinking
of connecting the PC's video via the amp in this case, and wondered if
anyone had experiences with VGA->component cable convertors (I've not
been able to track down a local vendor with a component-out Nvidia
card). Any ideas?

    Stephen