[mythtv-users] Re: NUV TO WINDOWS PC

Devan Lippman devan.lippman at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 18:50:20 EST 2005

On 11/8/05, Steve Nuffer <nuffersp at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I found out that if you have Cyberlink PowerDVD player installed on your
> Windows system, that will play a NUV file from both my PVR350 and PVR150
> with no problem.
>
>  I setup a Samba share that allows me to connect to the Mythbox.
>
>  Steve
>
> FedoraCore3
>
> ivtv 4x
>
> Myth 18.1

  I believe both of these have hardware encoders and as such are creating
mpeg2 video streams encapsulated with mpeg (I think it was even mentioned
earlier in this thread) so really all powerDVD is supplying in the mpeg2
encoders that it uses for viewing DVDs. There's nothing nuppel about it

--
Thanks,
Devan Lippman <devan at lippman dot net>