[mythtv-users] XvMC with SVN revision 7738 and nvidia driver 6629

Darius Hardy darius at sephs.no-ip.info
Wed Nov 9 15:15:37 EST 2005

On Wed, 2005-11-09 at 14:41 -0500, Mark deJong wrote:

> Ok. So I may have something here... While building I get the
> following:
>

> # Video Output Support
> x11 support      yes
> xrandr support   yes
> xv support       yes
> XvMC support     yes
> XvMC VLD support no
> XvMC pro support no
> XvMC libs        -lXvMCNVIDIA   <---- X
> OpenGL vsync     yes
> DirectFB         no
>

> But when I do an `ldd /usr/bin/mythtv` I get:
>
> libXvMC.so.1 => /usr/lib/libXvMC.so.1 (0xb6db0000)
>
> not   usr/lib/libXvMCNVIDIA_dynamic.so.1
>
> Could this be my problem? Or is this correct?

Don't think so, mine has libXvMC.so.1, I also have libXvMCW which is a
wrapper to use either nVidia or via depending on what you have.

I've just managed to get mplayer working with XvMC (ended up recompiling
it), it certainly seems to be running a bit slower than vanilla Xv.

Does it work ok for SD content?

--
  Darius,
    She who travels light, forgot something.