[mythtv-users] MYTHTV & Atlantic Scientific 8300 HD-dvr

Steve Adeff adeffs at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 12:17:37 EST 2005

On Wednesday 09 November 2005 11:58, Serge.Zwikker wrote:
> Would I still need a pvr-350 (or any pvr-card) if I am going to use
> firewire?

Serge,
you have to see if your 8300 uses 5C encryption for any channels, this would
prevent the channel from being sent out over the firewire when connected to
your computer.

In *my* case I get only the basic cable channels and OTA channels via
firewire, so I will be using a PVR150 and use the s-video to connect my cable
box(using firewire to change the channels). I will eventually get a second
cable box and connect it via firewire for the channels I am able to get over
firewire.

Like was suggested, spend some time playing around and see if you can use
firewire, and what channels you recieve, it should give you a better idea of
what the best course of action is in *your* case. Once  you have an idea,
throw it out on the list, you'll get plenty of advice from folks that have
gone through this same process.

Steve