[mythtv-users] ATI Wonder Remote

Raphael Pooser rpooser at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 11:03:51 EST 2005

I use ati_remote which is included as a module in the ubuntu
distribution. Should be included in all recent distributions though.
After that, you can use xmodmap to map all the common myth commands.
Most of them are already here on the remote, like up/down, left/right,
enter. Anyway, the repetitive key problem is a problem with the remote
it seems, in that you only need to hold it down for a very short time
for the keys to repeat. When moving around the menus in myth if I press
up or down too fast, the remote will register some repeats and shoot
down to the top or bottom menu item. It took a me little practice but
the remote works fine. It's more responsive than a typical IR remote,
and as you may be used to pressing buttons on IR remotes very firmly,
the ati remote is very sensitive. If you are using ati_remote and
xmodmap you can try disabling the key repetition function in xorg.conf.
I figured in theory that should work, but it didn't for me in fact. I
just got used to the remote and never have repeated keys any more. This
is all for an original remote wonder, not the remote wonder 2 or plus; I
don't know how those act in linux; I'm assuming the same.
Raphael