[mythtv-users] Mythtv on Xbox

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 22:09:09 EST 2005

> > and I'm yet to
> > get
> > >the xBox remote to work.  Since I have a RF
> > >keyboard/mouse I'm very happy with the current
> > setup
> > >although my wife would really like the remote to
> > > work.
> > That I would have to fix for it to be a 'seamless
> > upgrade'... :)
>
> I'm sure I'll figure it out eventually :-)

Guys,

I have been meaning to post this in a dedicated thread, but what the heck.

I was in Electronics Boutique/EBGames/Whatever it is called nowadays
yesterday here in Brisbane, Australia and noticed that had a gamers
pack for the Xbox, which included a new controller, DVD carry case,
extension cable, remote control and IR sensor that connects to the
controller port.

This was on special for $AU35 down from $AU59, and whilst it wasn't
the offical MS one, I thought it to be a good deal.  I only wanted the
remote and sensor but bought the whole package.

I plugged the IR sensor in, booted the Xbox and was immediately able
to use the control with MythTV, I was amazed at how easy it was.  I am
using the latest Xebian (1.04???) and the MythTv installer scripts
from the MythTv-Xbox site.

I need to update some of the key mappings as my pause key doesn't
work, but that should be easy enough I assume.

Thought this might help,
Whytey

I have GMail invites, if you want one, email me direct.