[mythtv-users] ir-kbd-i2c Driver

Calvin Harrigan charriglists at bellsouth.net
Tue Nov 8 19:10:53 EST 2005

Has anyone tried using the ivtv driver and the ir-kbd-i2c driver to make
remote keypresses show as regular keyboard keypresses?
I tried it out and it works pretty good.  I was curious as toif  anyone
has made use of this cool driver in the 2.6 kernel.
It all but eliminates the need for lirc, which in my opinion is a good
thing.  No worrying about having lirc support compiled into other
packages.  e.g; Mplayer, xine, zsnes, and what ever other add-ons you
might use.

http://ivtv.writeme.ch/tiki-index.php?page=Remotes